Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why I Won't Be Reading The NAACP's Report On Tea Party Racism

Nothing is more reactionary in America today than identity politics, and there is no better example of this than the NAACP. The organization was of great importance in its day, but there is a strong argument to be made it should no longer exist.
Do I have a right to say such a thing? Well, I was a civil rights worker in the South in the sixties, lost the full use of my finger there, went on to be a significant financial supporter of the Black Panther breakfast program in the seventies…. Is that enough?
Maybe, maybe not, but whatever you think of me, the NAACP has become a creator, not a fighter, of racism. They are in the racism business, fanning the flames in order to survive, and I won’t be reading their shameful, phony propagandistic report on the supposed bigotry in the Tea Party movement just being issued today in time for the election. Life is too short. If it were centuries long, it would be too short.
But am I attacking this report without reading it? Indeed I am. If Nancy Pelosi can shove through Congress sweeping health care legislation that changes the economy of our country without reading it, I certainly can attack some trivial report on my little Internet blog after only glancing at the first paragraph and the names of the authors.
There is, however, a serious issue represented by this report. We have come to a moment in our national development when identity based organizations like the NAACP have a strong vested interest in impeding progress, especially for the groups they purport to represent. If things get better for black people, the NAACP has no reason for being — or must devolve into some kind of social club.
I've taken the liberty of linking the NAACP's name in this article to a pdf copy of the report if you would like to read it. However, as for myself I won't be wasting my time either. And I wholeheartedly agree with Mr Simon's opinion. This report is utter nonsense and a waste of time. The Tea Party movement has nothing to do with Racism, and that's the bottom line.  
Source: Roger L. Simon to read entire article please Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment